SunLink Corp. isn’t done tweaking its GeoPro system. Already a trusted fixed-tilt ground-mount system (1 GW of PV projects), the GeoPro is equipped with new troubleshooting capabilities in 2016. In addition to solving project challenges like irregular site boundaries, steep or uneven terrain and last-minute module changes, the system can now also overcome pile driving refusals on the fly and withstand snow loads of up to 50 psf without increasing post cross sections.
“The great news is that the total amount of installed solar continues to ramp up around the globe. But with that comes a growing diversity of environments for which our solutions need to be well suited,” explains VP of Products Kate Trono. “In the past, suppliers designed a separate product for every environmental condition, which is obviously not scalable, but even worse hinders project success and threatens industry growth. Developers and installers have been clamoring for electrical and mechanical designs with built-in flexibility that will allow them to standardize across larger portfolios and move more quickly. That’s exactly what we designed GeoPro to do, and why we’re continuing to innovate.”
Adding to the system’s module independence and industry-leading 20 percent East-West terrain following that allows installation on ungraded sites, constant slopes and rolling terrain, 2016 features now also include:
- W-section, round post, screw pile, helical, cast-in-place ballast or a hybrid of options
- Swap-in ballast in the field at a single location when refusals or abnormal soils are encountered
- Optional addition of third foundation on each table to standardize table sizes across a portfolio, no matter the environmental conditions
Post Placement Options
- Center posts North-South to facilitate projects in high snow or very poor soils without adding lateral capacity to the posts
- Maintain the traditional off-center post location to optimize for high wind environments
“Our design philosophy is simple – to offer an inventory of standard components that can be combined in a variety of unique ways to engineer whatever solution is required. And if project circumstances change, the system is nimble enough to accommodate new conditions without adding lead time,” Trono said.
In connection with GeoPro, SunLink offers both a full suite of PowerCare geotechnical, post driving and mechanical installation services as well as highly regarded project management and engineering support to help customers realize maximum benefit from GeoPro’s versatility.
— Solar Builder magazine