The Solar Ware Samurai 1,500 VDC photovoltaic inverter from Toshiba Mitsubishi-Electric Industrial Systems Corporation (TMEIC) just achieved a UL 1741 safety certification. This includes meeting the IEEE 1547 Standards for Distributed Resources Interconnection and Interoperability With the Grid, making it the first 1,500 V inverter to receive this significant achievement.
“At TMEIC, we are committed to helping our customers deliver safe and reliable power by designing and manufacturing inverters that meet the industry’s highest standards,” says Donn Samsa, TMEIC Renewable Energy General Manager. “This UL certification demonstrates our commitment to delivering high quality, high performance inverters and highlights our dedication to bringing our customers the equipment needed to develop modern and efficient grids, while adhering to the highest safety standards.”
The new inverter is the latest addition to TMEIC’s portfolio of PV utility scale solar inverters for industrial markets. Built on decades of engineering experience with power electronics, Solar Ware inverters offer the industry’s most advanced grid management in an efficient, compact footprint.
Features of SOLAR WARE 1,500 V Series
- Maximum 1,500 VDC voltage (input side)
- Outdoor Photovoltaic inverter designed for outstanding performance in harsh environments (ambient temperature of -20~50ºC)
- Hybrid cooling (natural convection cooling up to 50% of rated power) saves energy and increases reliability
- Highest power conversion efficiency of 98.8%
- Compliant with UL and IEC standards
- Approximately 30% reduction of the number of inverters installed compared with 1000V inverters.
- Reduces peripheral equipment such as a set-up transformer, switchgear and cables as well as installation and wiring work.
- The highest level of power conversion efficiency maximizes output power capacity.
- Significant reduction of operating costs.
As the world’s leading industrial system integrator, TMEIC engineers advance solutions for various industries throughout the world, including renewable energy. With more than 30 years of manufacturing, research and development experience in the renewable energy industry, TMEIC solar power solutions are in use around the globe, including 14 states in the U.S. TMEIC has shipped 8.3 GW of PV inverters globally and was recently recognized for the second year in a row as the Frost & Sullivan Company of the Year for ‘revolutionizing PV utility-scale solar inverter solutions in terms of market reliability, efficiency and productivity.’
— Solar Builder magazine