Steel solar mounting systems manufacturer Schletter kicked off its new blog last week with a quick tutorial on how to install its next generation racking system: G-Max. G-Max’s fixed-tilt construction is ideally suited for utility-scale installations, but here’s the wild part to us: The G-Max system’s fast and easy installation is so simple that a single person can install the girder, head adapter, and strut without assistance.
- Position the strut onto previously installed lower location bolt.
- Position head into upper location bolt.
- Install bolt at upper post.
- Tighten post bolts using 19 mm socket. The post will pull in tightly.
- Mark all the tightened bolts for quality control.
If you don’t believe it, check out the video above.
— Solar Builder magazine