SEIA has branded the 2020s the Solar+ Decade, and we at Solar Builder agree. We are anticipating a widespread renewable energy disruption, led by the solar industry, and we are excited to see what new business models and technology emerge in the coming years. Stuff like:
• Building-integrated PV
• Recycling / industry sustainability
• Project performance issues / opportunities
• Supply chain streamlining
• The role of block chain
• Peer to peer sharing
• EV infrastructure
But why wait? Let’s talk about it now.
In our big Sept/Oct issue (with distribution at Solar Power International) we want to highlight 20 Ideas, Innovations and Predictions for the 2020s. The concept is admittedly vague to encourage a wide variety of topics, but we want the submissions to get specific.
How to get started
If you need a little helping framing things, use one of these prompts to kick off your submission (and try to cover it in 200 to 400 words):
- I think the biggest change in the solar industry in the next decade will be …
- The next big solar PV technology innovation will be …
- Here’s how more solar will penetrate low-income neighborhoods…
- The main statistic / market I am watching in the 2020s is ________ because ….
- Here’s how renewable energy financing is going to change …
- The key to O&M in the 2020s will be …
- The challenge coming in the next decade no one is talking about is …
- One thing solar installers could do today to prep for the 2020s is …
- Something popular/widespread today that will disappear in the 2020s is ….
• Answers must not be a sales pitch. Please be company/product neutral.
• There is no guarantee your submission will be selected. It is at the editor’s discretion.
Email your submission in a Word / Google doc to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31 or select a prompt and fill out the magic box below.
— Solar Builder magazine