As more solar is added to the grid, more utilities are changing their rate structures for homeowners, implementing “time of use” rates and “peak demand charges.” How are these higher rates and extra fees structured, and is there any way to combat them? Keith Marett, president of home energy management at Generac, explains how solar + energy storage systems, combined with active home energy monitoring, can work in tandem to save on monthly bills.
Solar Distancing archive
- Episode 15: The value of home energy monitoring apps as part of a PV project
- Episode 14: Virtual, no-touch sales and marketing plan for solar installation companies
- Episode 13: Common home energy backup mistakes and misconceptions
- Episode 12: Creating an all-in home solar, battery storage and generator system with Generac
- Episode 11: Discussing generator backup vs. energy storage backup with Generac
- Episode 10: The value of solar + storage system monitoring
- Episode 9: Choosing among your solar + storage battery options
- Episode 8: Can batteries and generators coexist on the same system?
- Episode 7: How to add energy storage to a grid-tied solar PV system
- Episode 6: Difference between grid-dependent solar and grid-connected solar with storage
- Episode 5: Basics of battery recycling
- Episode 4: Battery charging and monitoring basics for solar + storage
- Episode 3: How to size a battery bank for your solar PV system
- Episode 2: What should solar installers work on during this time?
- Episode 1: What the heck is this?
— Solar Builder magazine