Fourth Wave Energy, a publicly traded climate solutions company, is preparing to launch GeoSolar Plus, a new smart home clean energy system that combines solar and geothermal into one installation. By drastically reducing energy loads through upgrading the building envelope (and household appliances), then combining solar with geothermal energy, residents will slash utility costs and carbon emissions, while increasing comfort, improving air quality, and enjoying a quiet, low-maintenance home energy system. The system is reliable, simple and inexpensive to maintain with no gas lines, fuel oil, or associated CO2 emissions.
“Most homes are prime candidates for energy upgrades to reduce their carbon footprint and improve indoor air quality. Many residential HVAC systems simply recirculate air and don’t bring in any fresh outside air,” said Joseph Isaacs, CEO of Fourth Wave Energy. “With more people staying at home indoors since Covid-19, awareness is increasing about the need to improve living conditions. We see tremendous opportunity to market a simple, turnkey solution packaged and delivered by a single provider that delivers results without the typical hassle of managing large-scale home improvements.”
GeoSolar Plus details is made of three basic parts:
- Solar panels are on the roof generating electricity for the home.
- A heat pump inside the house replaces the furnace and AC system delivering year-round, comfortable temperatures with resulting cleaner and healthier air.
- Quietly working underground, ground loop pipes connected to the heat pump provide heating and cooling for the entire house – whatever the season or climate, increasing the home’s value (comfort) with no utility bills.
In addition to clean energy GSP also provides a cleaner, healthier living atmosphere. The solar panels create enough electricity to power the home, charge the car and appliances and filter the air with the power from the sun and earth. GSP strives to deliver net-zero energy in a residential energy system with a virtually zero carbon footprint.
GeoSolar Plus works in existing and newly built homes, but FWAV is planning to aggressively market the product to existing homeowners as a “complete energy makeover” of an existing home.
The complete energy makeover turnkey system includes:
• Home energy audit and environmental analysis
• Reinsulating and sealing building envelope for air tightness.
• Geothermal ground source heating and cooling system or air-to-air heat pump technology
• Heat pump for domestic hot water
• Air monitoring and filtration system
• LED lighting upgrade
• Roof-mounted solar photovoltaic system
• EV car charging station
The company is planning to open GeoSolar Plus sales and installation offices in Colorado, Texas and California where they plan to launch an aggressive sales and marketing campaign in fall 2020.
“We will be the first company to combine geothermal with solar to create a complete system for modern clean energy and market it directly to homeowners.” continued, Mr. Isaacs. “We believe we have strong competitive advantages over conventional solar sales and installation companies because we provide a whole package, not just solar.”
The system is priced around $39,000 after tax credits and can pay for itself with the savings in utility bills. The company believes they can complete the conversion of an existing home energy system in less than three weeks with little disruption to the homeowner.
— Solar Builder magazine