1. JinkoSolar, Marubeni Corporation, Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority ReNew Power secured a $870 million financing package in financial agreements with a syndicate of international and local banks for the debt and equity funding of the 1,177 MW Sweihan independent solar power project in the Eastern Region of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
2. Masdar, EDF Energies Nouvelles, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority obtained $655 million in financing for the 800 MW Phase 3 Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum solar project in Dubai from a set of seven different institutions including: Union National Bank, Islamic Development Bank, Arab Petroleum Investments Corporation (APICORP), Natixis, Siemens Financial Services, the Korea Development Bank, and Export Development Canada (EDC).
3. Octupus Investment, secured £485 million (~$621 million) as a nonrecourse portfolio financing to refinance a portfolio of 74 ground-mounted solar PV projects totaling 522 MW in the UK from six banks including: Banca IMI, Barclays, BNP Paribas, La Caixa, Royal Bank of Scotland, and Santander Global Corporate Banking.
4. The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) board approved a $500 million framework under the Egyptian government’s FiT program to finance 13 projects under the framework with a further three scheduled for board discussion. These 16 projects to be constructed on one large site near the village of Benban in Upper Egypt will deliver 750 MW of solar PV capacity.
5. Saeta Yield, a Spanish yieldco, secured €200 million (~$224 million) in refinancing from a syndicate of banks led by Banco Sabadell for the 49.9 MW Manchasol 2 thermal solar project in Alcazar de San Juan, Ciudad Real, Spain. The syndicate is comprised of: Banco Sabadell, Banco Santander, BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, and Societe Generale together with several investment funds.
— Solar Builder magazine