If a home already has an existing solar PV system, energy storage can be added as a retrofit via AC coupling — as long as you have the right inverter in place and understand the nuances. Ian McCluskey, Associate Product Manager for Outback Power, explains how to do it, and how the result may differ from a DC-coupled system.
Solar Distancing archive
- Episode 6: Difference between grid-dependent solar and grid-connected solar with storage
- Episode 5: Basics of battery recycling
- Episode 4: Battery charging and monitoring basics for solar + storage
- Episode 3: How to size a battery bank for your solar PV system
- Episode 2: What should solar installers work on during this time?
- Episode 1: What the heck is this?
— Solar Builder magazine