Sizing out a PV system is somewhat simple. Sizing the storage element to pair with it is much more nuanced and complex depending on whether the battery is just for backup (and how much back up) or for daily cycling (or both!) and what the ROI would be based on local rates. Jeff McAndrew, director of sales, for clean energy solutions at Generac, walks us through the process starting with the energy bill itself and how to best present the various options to customers.
Solar Distancing archive
- Episode 20: Generac explains its Power Zoning solar PV approach
- Episode 19: What is round-trip efficiency?
- Episode 18: How to ‘future-proof’ solar PV systems today to add storage later
- Episode 17: What is a hybrid solar PV inverter?
- Episode 16: Avoiding peak electricity rates at home
- Episode 15: The value of home energy monitoring apps as part of a PV project
- Episode 14: Virtual, no-touch sales and marketing plan for solar installation companies
- Episode 13: Common home energy backup mistakes and misconceptions
- Episode 12: Creating an all-in home solar, battery storage and generator system with Generac
- Episode 11: Discussing generator backup vs. energy storage backup with Generac
- Episode 10: The value of solar + storage system monitoring
- Episode 9: Choosing among your solar + storage battery options
- Episode 8: Can batteries and generators coexist on the same system?
- Episode 7: How to add energy storage to a grid-tied solar PV system
- Episode 6: Difference between grid-dependent solar and grid-connected solar with storage
- Episode 5: Basics of battery recycling
- Episode 4: Battery charging and monitoring basics for solar + storage
- Episode 3: How to size a battery bank for your solar PV system
- Episode 2: What should solar installers work on during this time?
- Episode 1: What the heck is this?
— Solar Builder magazine