Soft costs comprise 64% of a solar PV system’s total cost, which means installation methods and component selection are crucial elements of solar installer’s business model. Today on the Pitch, Jason Higginson, senior director of marketing with APsystems, tells us how multi-module microinverters can be a competitive advantage for solar installers through reduced costs and installation efficiencies — all of which translate to operational improvements for the installer’s business.
- How much does the reduced mincroinverter part count impact the speed and efficiency of an installation?
- What about versus a string inverter design?
- What costs per watt difference are we possibly talking about here?
- Have solar installer customers changed their usual operations as a result?
- What about post-installation? How does this MLPE avoid truck rolls down the road?
— Solar Builder magazine