We are just at the start of an all-in home energy solution revolution – a combo of solar, battery storage and generator power. OK, so this has been a cobbled together solution off-grid for decades now, but big brands are putting their ingenuity and marketing muscle behind full systems that could take this concept mainstream. Russ Minick, chief marketing officer for Generac Power Systems, explains the work they are doing in this area and how solar installation businesses could benefit from this holistic system as well.
Solar Distancing archive
- Episode 11: Discussing generator backup vs. energy storage backup with Generac
- Episode 10: The value of solar + storage system monitoring
- Episode 9: Choosing among your solar + storage battery options
- Episode 8: Can batteries and generators coexist on the same system?
- Episode 7: How to add energy storage to a grid-tied solar PV system
- Episode 6: Difference between grid-dependent solar and grid-connected solar with storage
- Episode 5: Basics of battery recycling
- Episode 4: Battery charging and monitoring basics for solar + storage
- Episode 3: How to size a battery bank for your solar PV system
- Episode 2: What should solar installers work on during this time?
- Episode 1: What the heck is this?
— Solar Builder magazine