Solar systems are 20+ year assets — and a lot can change in 20 years. A homeowner could add an electric vehicle. Lithium-ion batteries could drop dramatically in price. Time of use rates could go into effect and net metering could disappear. We chat with Jeff McAndrew, director of sales for clean energy solutions at Generac, about one way solar systems installed today could be ‘future-proofed’ to adjust to any of these changes in the future.
Solar Distancing archive
- Episode 17: What is a hybrid solar PV inverter?
- Episode 16: Avoiding peak electricity rates at home
- Episode 15: The value of home energy monitoring apps as part of a PV project
- Episode 14: Virtual, no-touch sales and marketing plan for solar installation companies
- Episode 13: Common home energy backup mistakes and misconceptions
- Episode 12: Creating an all-in home solar, battery storage and generator system with Generac
- Episode 11: Discussing generator backup vs. energy storage backup with Generac
- Episode 10: The value of solar + storage system monitoring
- Episode 9: Choosing among your solar + storage battery options
- Episode 8: Can batteries and generators coexist on the same system?
- Episode 7: How to add energy storage to a grid-tied solar PV system
- Episode 6: Difference between grid-dependent solar and grid-connected solar with storage
- Episode 5: Basics of battery recycling
- Episode 4: Battery charging and monitoring basics for solar + storage
- Episode 3: How to size a battery bank for your solar PV system
- Episode 2: What should solar installers work on during this time?
- Episode 1: What the heck is this?
— Solar Builder magazine