The performance of a solar + storage system is tied to the round-trip efficiency of the entire system — how many electrons are captured and then lost along the journey from the sun to the batteries to the outlets of a home? The efficiency of that system can vary depending on how it is designed and which inverter(s) and batteries are involved. Jeff McAndrew, director of sales, for clean energy solutions at Generac, explains how systems can differ and how those percentage points of efficiency affect customer ROI.
Solar Distancing archive
- Episode 18: How to ‘future-proof’ solar PV systems today to add storage later
- Episode 17: What is a hybrid solar PV inverter?
- Episode 16: Avoiding peak electricity rates at home
- Episode 15: The value of home energy monitoring apps as part of a PV project
- Episode 14: Virtual, no-touch sales and marketing plan for solar installation companies
- Episode 13: Common home energy backup mistakes and misconceptions
- Episode 12: Creating an all-in home solar, battery storage and generator system with Generac
- Episode 11: Discussing generator backup vs. energy storage backup with Generac
- Episode 10: The value of solar + storage system monitoring
- Episode 9: Choosing among your solar + storage battery options
- Episode 8: Can batteries and generators coexist on the same system?
- Episode 7: How to add energy storage to a grid-tied solar PV system
- Episode 6: Difference between grid-dependent solar and grid-connected solar with storage
- Episode 5: Basics of battery recycling
- Episode 4: Battery charging and monitoring basics for solar + storage
- Episode 3: How to size a battery bank for your solar PV system
- Episode 2: What should solar installers work on during this time?
- Episode 1: What the heck is this?
— Solar Builder magazine